Sunday, December 20, 2009

My SIL, Jess, posted this on FB, and since I'm on a total a capella-group kick lately, I had to share it on here as well!!!



what's up with us... well, yesterday, I and 4 other girls from church did a small performance of Christmas carols (yup, a capella) at the retirement home in Arbour Lake, and that was a BLAST. no mics :) They asked us to fill 30 minutes, and since we only had 1 song that we'd already practiced, we got together 1 hour before we needed to perform and put together 10 more songs arranged and in harmony. It was pretty sweet. And the residents were totally great (I've done recitals with my kids there before, and they weren't so wonderful when the kids made mistakes/talked softly/forgot to bow, etc) Afterwards, several of them asked that we come back, and a few of them said that we're the best they've had. Very cool. Very fun. Paul and Gabby came and watched too, and the residents were completely enamored with our babe.

On the Gabby-front, she's too smart for us. She has now figured out how to navigate the menu on my cell phone to find the games and start them for the music and pictures. She even found a shortcut to the games that I didn't know existed. She now knows how to get to the games each time she has my phone. In the past, she's called my Grandmother in California, my Mom in WA, Paul's siblings and parents... She routinely turns my phone off and on again to watch the welcome screen/hear the music. Our friend Ian has given her an old computer keyboard to play with, and we're anticipating that she'll be touch-typing by the time she's 3.

And... checking my camera to share pictures with you, I've got only 1: Gabby watching Destiny's Child on the Rudolph DVD (the classic Claymation one - there is a Destiny's Child singing Rudolph special feature on there) ... she loves it! I put it on to distract her the other day, and was curious about the special features, and when I played it, she started dancing. Very cute :)

The rest of our week is just lots of getting ready for Christmas... so since I probably won't blog again until after I get back from gNat's reception;
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally heard this EXACT same song on the radio maybe 10 days ago and I thought it totally sounded like a "mormon" type thing to do and I laughed so hard when I saw it was from BYU. I LOVE IT!! Have a blast in Virginia, ttyl

    ReplyDelete