Friday, October 17, 2008

Reunited

This post is a few days late in coming, but it needed to be put up!

On Wednesday, October 15th, Paul's Grandpa Fred passed away. He was 90, and lived a full long life. Paul of course knows more about him, but I know that he was a doctor, a temple worker, and dedicated to family.

An interesting thing about Grandpa Fred's death date is that exactly 3 years before, on October 15th, 2005, this wonderful man actually sealed Paul and I together for time and eternity in the Cardston, Alberta temple.

Because we're still waiting for a baby, and the funeral is 3 hours away, we probably won't be able to attend the funeral next week. I feel pretty badly about this, because I know that Paul would probably like to attend the funeral of the grandfather that he respected so much. With any luck, this baby will be born today or tomorrow, and everybody will be healthy and well and we could all go together next Friday. That's my hope.

I don't have a ton of other memories of this grandfather myself, but sometimes when we'd go to the temple, we'd stay overnight at Fred & Clara's house, and I always loved the peaceful feeling in their home. Clara is a quilter, and Fred is a man with a love for books (similar to Paul and myself!) and their den is half sewing room, half library. Every time we were there, Paul and I always felt like we would like a home similar to theirs someday, with a room where we could be together each doing what we loved.

Even though the timing is tricky and we're sad that we'll probably miss the funeral, it's difficult to be sad about Grandpa Fred's passing, because we know that he is reunited with his first wife, and also with our little girl, hopefully telling her to be good once she's here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment