Monday, November 24, 2008

1 Month Old!

So this post is a few days late... but our baby girl is a month old!
I have to apologize in advance. I suspect I'm turning into one of *those* mothers... you know. The ones who only ever talk about their amazing offspring. But can you blame me? Look at this face!
It amazes me that she smiles as much as she does! She's got such an impish smile, I think we're in for lots of trouble :)


Here's Gabby doing some tummy-time...


This is what I call her "froggie-face". After she's done eating, if I try to give her more, she puts her bottom lip out. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a beautiful pout. Again: we're hooped!


Daddy playin with his baby girl. He's so enamored :)



Ghost eyes!



The classic "Baby sleeping on the Daddy" pose - but by the time I got to snapping this, the Daddy couldn't help smiling!



Our babies just hangin out. The cats have been amazingly good about our new arrival - in the first week or so, when my mom was still here and we were letting Paul sleep because he had to work in the morning, Gabby was crying at night, and Loki went and woke him up and led him to Gabby's bedroom door like "hello! this is your baby! take care of her!"



This little grey sweatsuit was the outfit she was supposed to wear home from the hospital, but it was too big. It *almost* fits now. Oh, and by the way, she'll take a soother and we are SO glad. She won't always take it, but it really helps for car rides and bedtime!



Yup. Our little girl, with blue eyes and curly hair. Maybe there was a switch at the hospital? we're keeping her though - she's just too cute to do otherwise :)



Huh. so these are a bit out of order, but I've only got so much time before she is going to want to eat again! Here are pictures from the first bath - she didn't even cry!







To sum up: Even though my stitches *down there* still aren't healed, and she wakes up every 2 to 3 hours (even all through the night) to eat, and she's started having a really bad fussy time around 10pm each night... I wouldn't go back. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the trust he's put in us, for the blessing of our beautiful baby. I'm so grateful that she's healthy, and we've really lucked out with how calm and happy she is.

3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! I can't believe that she's already a month old though. It feels like I was just checking your blog and facebook thing on a daily basis to see if you had had her yet. :) Can you believe that my little guy is due next week? I'm starting to freak out a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Julie! She's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little girl Jules! So, in Twilight (the book) it makes no mention of Victoria being at the prom, but in the movie you see her walking down the stairs at the very end after watching Bella and Edward outside.

    ReplyDelete