Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Promise

 that we are actually alive, even though we never post. Who has time to post with a toddler and a newborn?

Which is why it is almost 1am and I am posting now :)

Gabby has been a fantastic big sister so far. Not too much hitting or mauling going on, mostly just lots of excitement every time she gets to "hold" the baby. And she's pretty good about not touching Lydia's face. We're keeping our fingers crossed that things continue like this.

Also a good, Lydia sleeps for 4-5 hrs straight at night. As in, when I get her to sleep for the last time before I go to bed (theoretically) at midnight, she doesn't wake up until 4:30, and then she nurses for 10 minutes and goes right back to sleep, no diaper changing, no burping or spitting up or anything. Just right back in her bed (in her room, I might add) And then I don't hear from her again until 9am. And she's done this the last 2 nights. So here's hoping this is a pattern and not just a line and that I'll have another blissful night of sleep (once I start, anyway...)

I'm all healed. Compared to infections and all kinds of headache after Gabby, I'm in heaven.

Keeping busy with Heritage Makers, which I am completely loving. And trying to stay organized. I've created a fail-proof method for menu planning and also some re-usable to-do lists to help keep my house organized
 and so far I think it might be working. Because it just feels like, with me being busy with Lydia, and having Gabby as active as she is... it's a lot harder to keep on top of things around here.

Been reading lots and lots while I nurse, loving the library.

Lydia has morphed from being "newborn blob" to "cute baby" the last few days. lots of fun. You'd think I'd have more pictures... I'll post some eventually.

Okay. it's really almost 1. I'm going to bed. Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Lydia is being such a great sleeper for you. Even happier that you healed and everything fine this time. Reading while nursing.. oh I miss that time. It seems I struggle to find time to sit down these days. Make sure you take advantage of the sleeping before teething gets in. We will all be here waiting for when you have time to post pictures :) Oh and I know I posted it on your Printed Jewels Blog but I loved those posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you posted!!!! I'm so happy that Lydia is sleeping more in the night. To me that is so important! I can't function very well without sleep. Can't wait to see more pictures!! She is SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete