Friday, October 1, 2010

Lydia is 1 month old!

 Lydia was born on August 31 - so I don't know for sure if that means that she is 1 month old as of yesterday, September 30th, or today, October 1. Oh well.


I've got to get it out of the way: we make freaking adorable little girls :) And the two sisters look hardly anything alike! I'll post comparison pictures later.

At one month, Lydia:
  •  weighs 9lbs 13.8 oz and is 21 3/4 inches long
  • still has a ton of straight black hair
  • has muddy-dark eyes, we're still not sure what color they're going to be. 
  • has a freakishly strong neck, and has from day one. she can lift it and turn it while on her tummy. 
  • can almost support her weight on her legs, but if she does, it's about 2 seconds before she's folded again. 
  • likes to sleep a lot. 
  • seems curious about everything when she is awake. 
  • already hates having her face wiped and lets us know!
  • sleeps with her mouth open, just like gabby did. and looks just like gabby did when she does it. 
  • has super thick dark eyelashes. our girls have been blessed :)
  • is really a very easy baby.

6 comments:

  1. She's adorable! i'm happy she is an easy baby for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's such a cutie! no surprise there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Julie,
    Congratulations again on Lydia!!!! She looks so different from Gabby, I love the picture where she is sucking her finger, such a sweet little girl. Congratulations again, and thanks again for always leaving uplifting, and fun comments on my blog, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so adorable!! How lucky to have 2 cute baby girls! Glad she loves to sleep for you... makes life with 2 kids easier to ease into then :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so behing on reading your blog! SOOO Sorry!

    Lydia is so cute! I love all her dark hair.

    I felt the same when Tanner was a baby. Are they a month old on the 21st (tanner was November 21) or when they are 4 weeks old? I usually went by the day because we celebrate their birthday on the number and not according to them being 12 months old.

    ReplyDelete