Monday, October 18, 2010

First Date Post Baby

Lydia will take a bottle (with much cajoling and persistence on our parts...) which means that we are ready to go OUT again! And waaaay earlier than we were with Gabby, I might add :)

Paul's mom came over and babysat BOTH girls (well, we made sure G was already in bed before we left) while we went and watched this:
which I highly recommend! There were tears, there was laughter, and very little to be offended by in the way of swears or uncomfortable scenes. It was lots of fun :) It was Paul's choice (I didn't even know what was playing) and Paul was actually the one who remembered that we had asked his mom to babysit a few weeks back, and that it was for Saturday night. Yay Paul :)

On the way there, we had this really entertaining conversation:

Paul: "y'know, I'm totally missing a hockey game tonight"
Me: (smirking) "oh yeah? well, I guess you get brownie points then. But really, I don't even know when the games are, so for all I know, you could be making this up!"
Paul: "no, seriously, it's on tonight at 8! Calgary vs Edmonton!"
Julie: "so, really... you'll still be able to watch the end of the game, which is the most important part."
Paul: "oh yeah, I guess I could!"
Julie: (laughing) "which means that your brownie points really just kind of got cut in half"
Paul: "well, I don't even really care about this game, it's not all that important, I don't have to watch it..."
Julie: (laughing harder) "so... you don't actually get any brownie points then"

and there was just lots of general silliness. It was nice to get out sans babies.

The movie was completely packed. We ended up finding 2 seats together in between a group of random people and an elderly couple about halfway up the theater. I slid in first, which meant that Paul got to sit next to the white-haired lady. Part-way through the movie, Paul leaned over to tell me that the old lady had mistaken his leg for the arm-rest and had been clutching his knee. So he leaned over to politely let her know about her mistake, to which she gave his knee a squeeze and moved her arm to the armrest. Later, Paul started giggling; she was doing it again :) This time he decided to just let it go, but then she eventually realized what she was doing and just gave his leg a good motherly set of pats :)

Pretty much, the first time we go out in weeks and the older ladies can't keep their hands off my hubby :) It was a very entertaining evening, we giggled all the way home :)

4 comments:

  1. Atta boy Paul-ALL ages of women think you are hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much faster you can do things after you have more than one baby. The first your very carefully with and then you learn better ;) I have to admit, I can not see what movie you went to, but the Date still sounds like fun! I wish Mike and I were able to get out more but his days off are Sunday and Monday so we are usually doing family home evening or Sundays stuff. I am busting a gut over Pauls "Older Girlfriend" That would of had me giggling all the way home too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome about the old lady! What movie was it, I'm intrigued. Good to know you are getting out I don't think we did this until Maija was about 3 or 4 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahaha! That is too cute! What movie did you go to? That's so nice that he had everything taken care of and planned for you. I love those dates.

    ReplyDelete