I seriously feel like I am sprinting trying to keep up with everything, specifically, this blog :) lol and I hardly even blog, I only post calendar-updates, and those are late too! :) Anyway, LAST WEEK Lydia turned EIGHT months old! Crazy! She's well on her way to her first birthday, and it still feels like just a few days ago that we brought her home from the hospital!
Well, at 8 months old, Lydia:
- has the most contagious little shriek-giggle
- LOVES Gabby and likes to play with her, except for when G is pushing her face into the floor.
- loves bathtime SO MUCH and when she is on her back, kicks her hands and feet as much as she possibly can, to get as much water everywhere as she possibly can, and doesn't even care that it gets all in her face. Gabby is pretty good about it, she always wants Lydia to take a bath with her, even though she doesn't like the splashing and turns her back to avoid the water in her face. But she still giggles. They both do. Tonight, when Gabby was taking a bath and Lydia woke up, I stood L at the edge of the tub, and she got SUPER excited just looking at all of that water.
- is a super fast little Army Crawler. She'll get on her hands and knees and crawl a step or two, but then she falls flat on her tummy again.
- is in that really clingy stage, where she has to see me all the time.
- is a GLUTTON! She'll devour 4-5 cubes of food (I make her food fresh and freeze it into cubes, they're either 1 or 2 oz, not sure which) in one sitting. She loves quinoa, squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and even spinach if I mix it with carrots.
- has started feeding herself things as well - nutrios, split peas, and even pieces of bread.
- is really good at walking with help.
- could probably launch herself off of the change table if she wanted to. She will NOT stay flat on her back longer than 0.5 seconds at a time, she wants to be on her tummy, crawling, squirming, wiggling, etc.
- will crawl to me and try to crawl UP my leg - she's almost gotten to standing once doing that.
- is just... CUTE! She is SO DANG CUTE! I could just eat her. But I won't. But she's just super yummy.
I appreciate the updates! hope everything is going well in your new place.
ReplyDelete