Friday, November 13, 2015

Ponderize Alma 37:6

I'm loving the Ponderize verses on my phone! I hope you are too.

This verse has been rolling around in my head all week, and I finally looked it up to find the full thing, Alma 37:6. Feel free to save this image to your phone and use it yourself!


You might laugh that the "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" bit has been less about life in general for me, and more about piano. As I've been teaching this week, it has been really hitting home to me that great pianists come from small, tiny, minute steps. How to find Middle C? How to hold your finger just so? What does the tiny dot on a staccato mean? Great musicians begin by learning "small and simple things".

And as I've been thinking more about that, I feel like I am getting little insights on life in general. Don't all great things begin as thoughts? What could be smaller than that? And acting on a thought, could go in so many directions. So many small things to become something great.

Anyway. Thoughts that roll around in my head.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment