I'm so sore!!!
so I am ecstatic to be having a baby, but I'm also starting to get nervous about the delivery... Apparently I'm at risk for pre-term delivery, I have 54 days to go, but I've already been having some painful contractions. When I told my doctor this yesterday, she checked my cervix and I'm already 3cm dilated... not a good thing? And before they had told me that my placenta is low, so I might also be at risk for placenta previa. Now I get to go in every week, and I also get more ultrasounds... which is all good, it's nice to be looked after, but what it really means is that this baby might decide to come out of the oven early!
The upside to all of this is that my hubby has become the most attentive and, for lack of a better word, obedient husband that a prego-girl could ever ask for! We started our prenatal class on Monday, which was a lot of fun. The instructor is saving the gory details for later, and I got to spend the last hour being Paul's guinea pig as he learned some basic massage techniques :)
And thankfully the nursery is closer to being ready... we have a change table, we have a glider, the ottoman is on its way... and the bassinet is all set up and ready to go, just needs sheets (I have a ton of sewing to do!) and we even have diapers thanks to my MIL (see previous ode!) Once the basics are all taken care of, I'll start seriously decorating (it needs to be beautiful for our princess, right?) and then there will be pictures :)
For those of you who pray, please keep me in your prayers -- we want a normal, healthy delivery, to end in a strong healthy little girl! (and a mommy who didn't require stitches - one can hope!)
I hope you're doing okay and that everything turns out all right!
ReplyDeleteHey sweets.. Good luck with the rest of your time.. I didn't realize there were potential issues.. I'm rooting for you!! Clench sweetie, clench! :) Thinking of you lots! :)
ReplyDelete