This post started off as a "yay" but I have to repent and tell the rest of it that I forgot about until bedtime - for the last week or so, Gabby has been AWFUL at going to sleep. As in, she'll fall asleep nursing (a terrible habit, I know... any advice on how to break it?) and then as soon as I put her in her crib, she starts crying. So then I pat her tummy, calm her down for a minute, and then leave (because when we did sleep training months ago, we soothed, left, and let her cry it out, went back 10 mins later and did it again until she fell asleep on her own) but NOW if we let her cry, it turns into shrieking and screaming and choking and all of the dramatics. So I nurse her again. And pat her again. And hold her hand and shhh her until she falls asleep. And the last week or so, it's been a few HOURS getting this child to fall asleep. What do I do???
Back to the "yay" parts of it:
Gabby started crawling last week, and she's still slow and hesitant, but she's on her way!
I'm back to my pre-prego weight :) I'm not gonna share what it is, cuz... it's not my IDEAL weight, but I'm closer than I was! 9 months up, 9 months down, it's true!
Paul and I were looking at the milestones for baby growth and development a few nights ago, thinking about what Gabby IS doing and WILL be doing, and according to BabyCenter, the average baby begins learning to turn the pages of a book at about 16 months. We felt like quite the proud parents, since Gabby already does this :D
Maybe she's too smart for us. She obviously KNOWS that if she screams enough, I'll nurse her some more. But the kid is growing TEETH now... that changes a lot of things for me. I feel at a loss! Help!
Back to the "yay" parts of it:
Gabby started crawling last week, and she's still slow and hesitant, but she's on her way!
I'm back to my pre-prego weight :) I'm not gonna share what it is, cuz... it's not my IDEAL weight, but I'm closer than I was! 9 months up, 9 months down, it's true!
Paul and I were looking at the milestones for baby growth and development a few nights ago, thinking about what Gabby IS doing and WILL be doing, and according to BabyCenter, the average baby begins learning to turn the pages of a book at about 16 months. We felt like quite the proud parents, since Gabby already does this :D
Maybe she's too smart for us. She obviously KNOWS that if she screams enough, I'll nurse her some more. But the kid is growing TEETH now... that changes a lot of things for me. I feel at a loss! Help!
I am sorry to hear you are having a bad time with sleep right now. I have to admit I am not even a pro at that even after 6. Yep each of them was different. Ben was always a good sleeper so I never even had to try with him ( just like everything else he does.. where did he come from again?) Josh would sleep fine if Ben was in the room with him but in his own bed. The two have Always shared so never a worry except for the night Ben slept over at a grandma's house. Sam has Never been a good night sleeper! I am pretty sure I didn't sleep at all for the first 3 months of his life because when he did sleep the other 2 were awake. We tried sleep training with him, but just as everything else he does.. if he puts his mind to it nothing will stop him from do it... that includes sleeping and not sleeping. It took me almost 5 years to get him so that he would sleep more at night than the day time.. he even use to hide under chairs to take daytime naps. Yep that is Sam. Matthew was born when we had a very tiny apartment and so slept with us most of his baby hood and would go to sleep with skin to skin contact.. even now when he is feeling upset he sits next to me and rubbs his hand up and down my arm for comfort... And Thomas is Hair.. he has always needed to have his fingers tangled up in my hair to go to sleep and even now he sleeps with Ben and plays with Bens hair as he falls asleep. Claudia can't be alone.. she has to have noise, music tv something because she was born into a noisy house. If it is quiet she panics, but if I have something playing for her she is just fine, and she loves it when she sleeps in the big bed with anyone. I was a rocker mom and loved sitting with my babies to out them to sleep and maybe that is why I have such strange ones LOL. Basically each kid is different and you just need to figure out Gabby's trick. Wish I could be more helpful... I am sure you will be fine.. in the mean time, just remember sleep for Mom's is over rated ;)
ReplyDeleteoh, sorry hun, I won't be of much help except for when you need to vent and get it out, I'm great for that. I wish I could make it all better for you guys. *hugs* and once again hurray for pre baby weight! kudos girl!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes you have to just let them scream it out. We had to do that with Tanner and it only took 4-5 days until he settled down and could go to sleep on his own. Good luck with whatever you choose.
ReplyDeleteHaha Julie!! Loved reading your comment and yes I totally agree... Mama's deserve sleep ;) Have a great day!
ReplyDelete