Saturday, July 18, 2009

Updates and Videos!

First, Gabby is REALLY close to crawling. As in, she'll get on her hands and knees, and do "The Rock". And we used to let her play on a blanket on our living room floor, but lately, she's been moving around so much that the blanket ends up bunched up on the floor, and Gabby ends up sliding around on the floor. Which seemed frustrating, since there was no friction for her to crawl with. So we got a new rug. It's really soft :)


Here is Sleeping Beauty just waking up from her nap at Gwamma's house! I was trying to get a picture of her sleeping, cuz she was all curled up on her side and it was really cute, but the camera woke her up, so I got this instead. Don't worry - she'd already been sleeping for almost 3 hours, it was definitely time for her to wake up, anyway! :D


And my favorite: Lately, our Princess has been making this face :) Isn't she a hoot? It's been pretty warm in our top-floor apt, so she's been going topless. :)


And Gabby's newest love: Running!

She's always been a strong stander, holding her own weight, and then a few months ago, if you just held her an inch or so above the floor, she'd pump her legs (especially when we said "runrunrun!!!", she loved that!). And when we first started out with trying to help her walk, it was "now lift your foot, move it forward, there you go!" but now see what she does!!



And I know I'll be doing her 9-month update next week (really? 9 months?!?) but a few new things: Gabby LOVES yogurt. and feeding herself. She doesn't like purees anymore, she wants cut up cucumbers and peppers and peas, etc. Also, she's gone from saying "blah blah blah" to "nananananananana" and "dadadadadada" and today, she said "Momma". I'm sure of it.

And speaking of birthdays (sorta) our niece, Caitlyn, turned 1 year old this last week! Which is crazy, cuz she's only 3 months older than Gabby, and it's so weird to watch her walking around and being a whole year old... I'm so excited to see these two little girls get to be friends as they grow up together :)

As for us... Paul's registered for his CMA entrance exam! And things are looking up in the job-hunting department, so we're very hopeful that some things will be changing in our household soon!

Me... I've been busy with Heritage Makers and Resident Managing, on top of being a Mommy :) I finished reading Wuthering Heights (loved it) and am now reading Mansfield Park (loving it) and also reading "French Women for All Seasons" by the same author of "French Women Don't Get Fat" - loved it... you're probably noticing a pattern, but I'm pretty easy to please - I generally just like reading :D

We've been contemplating getting rid of our cable service, since we don't use it. Except that when we called Shaw, they won't let us: in order to get the RM deal, the cable is the main component. After that, we can add stuff for really cheap, but the cable's gotta stay. So when we move from here, the cable will disappear, and I don't think we'll miss it. But in the meantime, we still have access to all of the junk shows and movies and sports for our "free time" :D

4 comments:

  1. hey Sweet Lady! LOVE every one of those pictures and the video, oh my! LOVE the new rug! LOVE that everyone is doing so well. Oh, I should ask my brother about the cable thing.. he's a cable guy for Shaw. Next time I talk to him I'll ask 'cause who knows they might just be feeding you a line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe.. She is soo adorable!! Love the running she does... could be problems for you when she actually starts walking ;) The New rug is nice.. we had to do the same thing when we moved into this house. We Cut the Cable off here just this past month or so and we don't really miss it. We have a large DVD collection if we need it, and any shows we may want watch we can catch online so everything is good. We find we are not as addicted to everything anymore. It's nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute - I can't believe she's almost 9 months!
    We haven't had cable since we got our house and we're functioning just fine - seriously, I love it. Now I never sit down and waste an hour or two without actually watching anything, just flipping channels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol just to clarify - we're not addicted to the TV :) in fact, if we weren't getting such an awesome deal on internet (which, clearly, we DO use) we would just get rid of it altogether. But with the resident managing deal, they only give us the fantastic discount on internet if we keep the cable. So it stays. And occasionally we watch it, out of some weird sense of obligation. But normally there just isn't time!

    ReplyDelete