Friday, May 14, 2010

Our Little Monkey(s)

It's been another week of insanity here, but trying to prioritize and get things done in their proper order!

Last night, the New Baby was kicking up a storm, and it was the first time Paul really got to feel it. We're both starting to feel a lot more excited about meeting this one, as she is finally making her presence really known :) Also, I think I no longer really fit in my regular jeans. After 6 months, it's either Sweats or Shopping. Considering my dread of jeans-shopping, I'll have to let you know which one wins out.

Something we've been trying to do more of is to have morning play-dates; otherwise, Miss G doesn't nap! She doesn't burn enough energy watching tv and playing with her toys on the living room floor while Mommy works (shocking, I know!) and so I've been trying to commit a few hours each morning to taking her out to play. Here's a picture of Gabby and her friend, William, playing in the dirt in William's backyard. Gabby LOVES the dirt. She also likes Balls (that was one of her first words)
Gabby's hair is finally [almost] long enough for a proper ponytail. Something that takes a lot more effort to accomplish, but something which completely melts Daddy's heart, so we put in the time. It's pretty cute, because her hair is still so curly :)
A picture of her actual face - hard to get these shots :)
Gabby likes playing with Paul's poker chips, and while we were looking for the last one to put away and lock up (because there are a few hundred, and they make a huge mess!) we were looking through my basket of old purses, scarves, belts, and other accessories that I don't actually bother with. As I was saying "wow, we should purge these since we're moving", Gabby walked into the room, so we draped a scarf around her. And she kind of lifted her chin and looked down imperiously at us, sitting on the floor. So we put another scarf on her. And another. And a belt. And a hat. And gave her a shiny little mirror to play with. And this is the result. So I guess we're not purging after all.
Miss Moo having a Funtime with Daddy - pretty common sight around here, I'm so lucky to have them both, and they're so lucky to have each other, and we feel pretty lucky to all be a little family together :)
I read a poem a long time ago about Fingerprints on the Glass, and I can't remember the exact words or even find the poem now, but the gist of it was about a woman who couldn't have children, whose friends complained about always having to clean the fingerprints off of the glass that their little ones left behind, and how she wished that she had little ones to leave fingerprints on her glass. So when Gabby put fingerprints all over the bathroom mirror before her bath last week, and even KISSED the glass, I had to take a picture of it.

I'm no photographer, and this doesn't do it justice, but at least you can see her little lip marks, and that's all that really matters :)
Something I've been meaning to post about for months, but never got around to taking a picture of: I, too, am a Crafty Mommy :) It's only now, as I've been packing up our home, that I've been taking pictures before those pictures won't be take-able anymore.

My SIL, Jordan, gave me these bronze butterfly hooks before Gabby was even born, and I'd always meant to paint them to put up in her room. I finally did, and even more finally, finally took a picture to show you all :)
And, I made this canvas print of Gabby's Easter Pictures to put up in her room, and it arrived a week or two ago (with a bunch of other projects - it was like Christmas :)) and Miss G LOVES it - she always points to herself when we go into her room, and she loves finding the same Teddy Bear that is in the picture with her :)
Looking at pictures of our home right now... I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it. This is where we brought our first baby home to. We've spent the last 2 years living here and making it ours. (well, sort of. we weren't planning on being here for this long.)

That being said, I can't wait to get out of here. I can't wait to be done with resident managing. I found out last week for certain that I am the only resident manager working for Mainstreet, Calgary, that cleans my own building. Every other RM has a cleaning crew that is paid for by the company that comes and cleans each week. And I've NOT been paid any extra for my efforts. (Lisa C, are you reading this??) It wasn't even recognized in my contract.

To make matters worse, when I finally realized the truth and asked my boss about it, the response that I got was "well, you've been doing it for 2 years, and we need for you to continue doing it."

What about my needs? Because I was nice and went the extra mile, it's okay for them to take advantage of me? Once again, I feel unappreciated - the first time was when they said that they're going to miss me so much, that I'm one of the best RMs that they have, and that the only mat leave I could expect from them would be "continued benefits". Hello, we have public health care here, and my FIL is a dentist.

Anyway, really really looking forward to moving now! Counting down the days!

We still need boxes, if anybody out there comes across any :)

3 comments:

  1. aww, it must be so fun to watch Gabby change and grow. I think that little kiss mark on the mirror is just precious. You should find the poem, if you can, and make a scrapbook page of it. Love the crafts too! I'm excited to get together sometime. I've been blog hopping on a few crafty friends blogs and blogs they look at for ideas and I'm going to be in need of someone to have a fun girls night with and share inspiration on projects and visa versa. See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pont tails are soo darn cute on little ones. I Loved it when I could finally put Cloe's in one pony tail too. I can't believe the things some people will do save a buck. To use your good wil is a sad state of being. So glad your moving away from that. I have a ton of boxes I could give you but I am pretty sure by the time I got them to you, you wouldn't need them anymore. ;)Good Luck with the move... oh and LOVE the picture of Gabby in the dress-up clothes.

    ReplyDelete