So for the last 3 days Gabby has decided that waking up at or before 6 AM and refusing to go back to sleep was a good idea. It's just my luck that Julie and I had switched around days we wake up first so that I got the 2 days she woke up between 5 AM and 6 AM. With how late Julie and I tend to go to bed (we're rarely asleep before midnight) this meant getting 5 or fewer hours of sleep 2 days in a row. Needless to say when I looked at the clock this morning and saw 7:30 I was pleasantly surprised. She has been teething and also just had her 18 month vaccinations so we weren't too surprised that her sleeping habits had been affected, but we were hoping that she would sleep more and not less than she had been.
This is something she has started doing. She'll unzip her sleep sack after she has woken up. Apparently she gets upset when instead of getting her out of bed her parents (Julie!) run to get the camera to take a picture of gabby with a "cape".
Now this second picture is something she did about a week or so ago when it was pretty warm outside. We let her wander around in her diaper for a few hours cause we could. Well, you can't see very clearly in this picture but she kept pulling the top of her diaper down in the back so that her little bum was showing. It was really funny. I kept pulling it up and she kept pulling it down. I'm not sure why she kept doing it but it is the only time she has done it.
Gabby also has a new obsession with my keys and with the lock on our front door. She will stand on a chair and turn the deadbolt for 10-20 minutes straight. She'll also try and push keys into doorknob even though there isn't anywhere to actually put the key in. I guess she thinks that using keys and opening the front door means she is growing up or something. It's really
Oh, 1 other thing. Gabby is now 18 months old which means NURSERY!!!!!! It is SO nice to be able to drop her off for 2 hours and not have to worry about her. She has been going for 3 weeks now (she started a tad early) and the first 2 weeks before she was technically old enough were absolutely not problem. But this last week when she was old enough to go she fought going so much that I had to stick around for an extra 10 minutes or so in order to get her to calm down and play.
that's all for now. Enjoy :)
Awe that mad face is soo darn cute! It is so fun watching them learn something new.. like zippers and keys. Congrats on the sleep in.
ReplyDelete