Friday, July 2, 2010

Domestic Bliss, Almost!

Today, I got to mostly stay home :) I still had to go to Glenbow this morning to finish up the paperwork that I ditched last night in favor of s'mores and Gabby and Paul (it may or may not have been in that order. I'm not telling.) and to check on maintenance/painting/cleaning of my empty, evicted units... but then I made Paul do my showings this evening, and I got to finish up dinner with G and get her bathed and read her a story and tuck her in. Things that I've been missing too much. BUT, my husband and daughter have a fantastic relationship, so there is a positive to everything :)

Today when I got back from work, I was on "go-go-go" mode, and we worked some more on organizing our home. Paul put up these placemats that I got from Colombia back in the day to add some color to our wall. (warning: first picture on the blog of our new home!)
And as we did stuff, we listened to a bunch of CDs that we still have in our effort towards purging. I'm embarassed to say that I STILL have all of my BSB and N'SYNC and even a Britney Spears single (the first one - nobody knew better yet) from high school... somehow, that just makes me feel old. Also time to say good-bye to Toni Braxton, Willenium, and a few others... but that little shelf (kijiji, $10!) will still hold my Dave Matthews Band, Groove Theory, and, I'll admit it, the first N'sync cd, it's actually pretty good :) lots of others that I won't bore you with. It was a fun afternoon with lots of nostalgia and twirling. Gabby's latest. :)

Miraculously, Gabby napped today (it's been a guessing game as to whether or not she'll nap. More often than not, she just jabbers away in her crib for an hour while we're hoping and waiting for the jabbering to turn into heavy breathing. Then she screams and we go and get her out.) and so we took advantage of that time to unpack the large box full of "desk stuff" that we've been putting off. More purging.

Tonight, we made pizza for dinner, from scratch! Well, we did the dough in the bread machine. But since the machine didn't start mixing the bread for 2 hours, we may as well have just done it ourselves, right? :) Paul slapped the dough (ex-Panago worker that he is) and even though he wouldn't let me take a picture because it wasn't "as good as it could have been", I thought he still did a wonderful job (better than me!!)



Gabby liked it :)
Oh, and another highlight today - special delivery of a new phone! Paul's old phone was completely beat up, and we changed my cell # to being our house phone, so now Gabby has 2 cell phones of her very own to play with, less 2 SIM cards.

And one more picture... this is the view from our living room. I LOVE our huge windows. So does Gabby. So does the Dahlia that I've managed to still keep alive from Mother's Day :) Ignore the fact that our drapes have not yet been washed, ironed, or hemmed... and just know that right now, they do their job of keeping our privacy at night :)

Okay, and one more, I can't help it :) This is our backyard, or a part of it. It's bigger than we thought :) And it was just mowed last week (Thanks to my MIL sending a guy over! we don't have a lawn mower yet) - before he came, just picture all of the grass being taller than Gabby, and that is what it looked like. And yes, those ARE pansies growing in the cracks of the sidewalk. And G leaves them alone. And no, we don't pick up her outside toys at the end of the day. Or the hose. Eventually we will. :)

Looking forward to everything being organized, having time to cook real meals each night, and not stressing about whether or not the painters and cleaners are getting the job done so that I don't have to listen to a new tenant complain about how their apartment is not up to par. Just 2 more weeks. :D

2 comments:

  1. Just reading this is making me remember the joy and relief of leaving that job all over again - I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new home! Gabby is getting so big and I just Love her hair! Enjoy the freedom that you have with the job being almost over!!

    ReplyDelete