Friday, July 30, 2010

End of an Era




















So, Julie has been bugging me for about a week to blog and I haven't felt like it until today. Mostly because she has removed any excuses I might have had to blog so I guess I have to.

If you're confused by that first picture don't be surprised. As a wedding gift (through our registry I think) we got 12 beer glasses. About half were broken before we moved out of our first home (basement suite - 8 months). We reduced that number to 2 by the time we became resident managers (2 years later), And we only had 1 when we moved to our newest abode (2 more years).... until just a few days ago when after having done the dishes I realized that a chunk of glass was missing. Unfortunately the loss of the final glass was my fault, as was #11. The rest I don't remember, except for one that Julie threw at the wall when she was mad at me one time. She won't be happy that I mentioned that at all, but she's mellowed a lot since then. She only throws non-breakable items when she's mad now :)

In others news, Gabby has broken her previous record for longest word spoken. She was driving with Gwamma a few days ago when Gwamma said "seriously". Most likely in frustration about the traffic or some other driver. Well, she got a response from the back seat that said "seriousy". She doesn't quite say the "L" but most kids her age don't. We're very impressed by this new word. We're also finding that Gabby is using more and more words unprompted which is always an interesting thing to hear. I asked her for a kiss the other morning and she laughed at me and said no. Rejected by my own daughter :(

Another entertaining story, we were trying to get Gabby to say words (it's become a regular game now) and I started going through "bathroom" words. I said poop and she said poop. I said fart and she just laughed. I said booger and she said "Grandma". We're not sure why she said Grandma, but she will respond like that on a regular basis now. She even did it in front of Grandma so we have proof that it happened.

Oh, one other thing that happened today. When I went to get Gabby up from her nap I found that her onesie had been pulled down so that it was around her waist. She pulled her arms out and pushed it down for some reason. It's all stretched out now.

And now for some eye candy :)

1 comment:

  1. cute little bun in her hair! i love it when kids start talking... they say the funniest things! :)

    ReplyDelete