A big part of which, I can FINALLY share :) It is now almost common knowledge, but before everything was still sort of hush-hush, not-really-sure-what's-happening, and so even though I had a LOT to share, I wasn't really allowed to share it.
Paul has a job. And not just any old job. Paul has an AWESOME job. Kind of a rent-to-own situation. He'll eventually be an owner of a really great company :) Right now he's just on payroll and testing it out, but so far so good, and we're probably moving to Airdrie this summer. Pretty freakin' awesome, I'm really excited :) It's been 2 years since he's gotten a paycheck, and now ... it's been worth the wait :)
The downside to that is that for the first time in our babies' lives, Daddy isn't home all the time anymore. When Gabby was born, Paul took parental leave, and while he was gone was when the company he was working for folded their Calgary division, leaving everybody he worked with job-less.
So yay, Paul is working, yay, we have income, boo that the Daddy isn't home all day, boo that Mommy has to do it all on her own all day, but REALLY, isn't this what every other mom around has had to do from day one? So really, it's more like I've gotten 2 bonus years of a full-time Daddy :D And now, it's really kind of nice having a routine that involves purpose in the morning, housework and childcare all day (with me learning how to organize and discipline on my own, and not too-many-cooks!) and then "Yay! Daddy's home! it's time for dinner!" :) So all in all, it's been really good :) Oh yeah, and I chopped my hair really short again - shorter, this time :) I haven't gotten any pictures yet though, maybe pics will come later :D
Anyway, I'm sure I'll post more about moving as details firm up, but I need to finish what I started: Lydia is now 6 months old! Where the heck did all of that time go???
At 6 months, Lydia:
- Has eyes that could still go any color. Green? Brown? Grey?
- Has a ton of straight, dark hair.
- Has had her first haircut.
- Is a rolling girl
- Is a turning girl (360 degrees! on her tummy!)
- Is almost a sitting girl
- Is a reaching, stretching, arching girl
- Loves bathtime
- Is still strictly a boob girl
- Makes a whining sound that sounds like somebody is letting the air out of her when she wants attention or is too tired...
- Loves grabbing her feet
- Is a super super ticklish girl
- Smiles a ton!
- Is super curious all of the time, and likes to hold things. She reaches very deliberately.
- Might be teething, as there is usually drool, and everything goes to her mouth.
- Is an amazing sleeper still, and goes to bed on her own and sleeps through the night.
- Is a tough girl, considering all of the abuse she puts up with from her big sister
- Lydia is also a super Growler. She growls and smiles at the same time. It's convincingly terrifying :)
- Likes to stand
- Likes her Jolly Jumper (but not for too long!)
- Is a Tummy-Time Pro!
- Likes books and likes being read to
- Has just started playing a game with Daddy where she tips her head to the side, and Daddy copies, and Lydia thinks that is just the best :)
- Likes to play with Gabby's toys when Gabby isn't looking :)
wow, your girls look beautiful and are growing up so fast! congrats on Paul's job - sounds great.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Paul on the new job!
ReplyDeleteI had to Google Airdrie to learn where it is. Though I can now locate it, I know nothing else about it, but it's a cool name, so congrats on that too :-)
Also, your kids are seriously so freakin' adorable! I die from the cute with every picture!
i can't believe how alike they are looking!!! congrats to Paul on the jobby!!
ReplyDeleteI think in the very top lefthand picture Lyddie is starting to look SO much like Gabby!! Beautiful girls indeed! Yay!!! Congrats Paul!! I'm so excited for this new adventure for you. It sounds like your getting the hang of just Mommy at home just great. What an exciting blog post!
ReplyDeletehow in the world did you change your font?!
ReplyDelete