Guess what we did today?? We left our firstborn child in the care of others for THREE HOURS. I don't think she missed us even one tiny little bit. As in, before we were even ready to leave the school, she was already off doing her own thing and couldn't care less than we were still there, and hadn't hugged her goodbye or anything. All in all, we're pretty stoked. We're gonna do it again on Thursday. And next week. And the weeks after that, too!
When I picked her up, she said there were songs, and snacks, and singing, and there may have even been mention of a guitar. I'm not sure. Oh, and Pokemon. I do question the influences of her new mates :S Gabby was SUPER excited about her new Dora Backpack and matching Dora Cup, that we've been saving especially for today. Water only :) Although, once we got to the school and Gabby saw all of the other backpacks (even though she PICKED Dora) she immediately started wishing out loud for a Buzz backpack. *sigh*
Gabby isn't 3 yet. But, she's potty trained (accident-free in big-girl panties during the day for several weeks now! And she comes to us and tells us, or goes to the bathroom by herself!) (she sleeps in "Buzz Lightyear Panties" (pullups) at night - those were her choice.) and knows her alphabet song with accompanying sign language. She can almost count to 15 on her own (she usually does a loop of 7-8-9-10-11-8-9-10-11... or gets stuck on "14") and knows all of her shapes and colors and speaks in full sentences (we counted once, and the longest we've counted is 7-word sentences)
The school that we've picked for her is run by LDS people, with plans to expand all the way to a chartered LDS high school (preschool/kindergarten/elementary/middle/high school) with our same church standards, and FREE chartered with the best new facilities, resources, and teachers. Which we're pretty thrilled about. And also all of the rest of our kids would automatically be "in", no waiting lists. We'll see how it goes!
Here's to Gabby's bright future!

Ok chick. It's been 2.5 months. I love the Gabster and all, but I need something new to read!
ReplyDelete