Now that she's older and less floppy, we've been putting her in outfits regularly. Gwamma and all of the aunties are very excited (and impressed, right? :))
The power of the Tragic Face. We're in so much trouble :) (by the way, it took like, a dozen tries to get this image on camera! the poor kid is upset... and here we are, snapping away! ** actually, it was Paul with the camera. I was just an innocent bystander, if Gabby ever asks.)
So since I posted my New Year's Resolutions online... I just figured I'd update you all on how I'm doing!
Our Home Teacher (hi Dan!) had a BOM challenge to read six-ish pages per day... and I've been doing it! It's been so fun, because I read right before bed, same as Paul, and any questions I have, he can usually answer them! It's such a blessing to have a husband who enjoys the scriptures and gospel literature so much that he reads it for fun. AND I've managed to take the sacrament every week this year! Yay!
I've actually been cooking :) Miracle of miracles... we've had Hamburgers with Cauliflower snuck into the patties (from "Deceptively Delicious, an amazing cookbook) Asian Stir-fry, Mexican Enchiladas, Beef Stew, some Butternut Squash/chicken/tomato/onion/garlic/cilantro/rice thing that ended up really tasty... so as a result, I've been eating better, and even though I haven't been completely on the ball with exercising, I have already lost more than 5 lbs. So it's true what they say about breastfeeding...
AND I've been sneaking in a little bit of scrapbooking here and there :) I don't have pictures of my pages, but I DO have pictures of my latest project - a set of golden Thank You cards for my mom as a belated Christmas gift. pictures, which of course, are on the camera. In Gabby's room. Where she's sleeping. so, sorry :) if I remember, I'll post it later :)
That's awesome about your New Year's goals, and WAY To go on already loosing weigh, most people can't claim that by Jan 18!
ReplyDeletethanks for the tips about Sunday, I think it is our never ending struggle, but that's alright, when you said you spend a lot of time in the mother's lounge, just so you know that slowly progresses to a lot of time in the hallway! ;) that's where we are at now that Maija walks! But at least these little ones know that church is important to their parents!
Gabby is REALLY photogenic and I'm not saying that just becasue I'm her auntie and love her to pieces...
ReplyDeleteI agree with the whole breastfeeding/weight thing-it seems that way for me too. And it feels like I'm gaining my SHAPE back if that makes any sense.
Way to go on your goals. I loved our visit yesterday :>
I Loved your photos of Gabby! The one of her hands is precious. Congratulations on your goals so far and especially on your weight loss. I can't wait to see you guys at the next reunion and getting the girls all together.
ReplyDelete