Tuesday, January 6, 2009

This Year's Goals

I've been debating whether or not to post my resolutions up here for all to see... but then I thought "the pressure will be on!" so here they are:

Spiritual:
~ Read the Book of Mormon all the way through. I'm not entirely certain that I've ever done this in my life, even though I've read most of it, and certainly I've read it all in bits and scattered pieces! I've started reading at least 5 pgs each night out loud to Gabby - it's easier to do if it doesn't feel like it's just for me. Plus I pay better attention when I'm reading out loud :)
~ Make it to church each week on time for the Sacrament. We've been terrible about that this last year, and now that we have 11am church, there's almost no excuse :)

Physical:
~ Lose all of my pregnancy weight! (all other physical goals relate to this!)
~ Cook real meals, make an effort to eat healthy and feed my family healthy foods.
~ Exercise regularly! Even if it's just going for a short walk!

Personal:
~ Scrapbook at least 1 page a week! I've got so many supplies, and so many good memories, I just need to do something with them :)

There :) We'll see in a year if I've managed to stick to these or not! Nothing overwhelming, just getting my life a little more organized ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good Goals! If you can make it to church let me know? we are still not able...I would love to know how people do it???, between baby naps, teething, etc we are ALWAYS late, and one time we were only there for about 28 mins!!! I felt so less active ;) but I guess we just keep trying. I like your scrapbooking goal, that's pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find for myself that it's easier to break my big yearly goals into smaller monthly goals to avoid getting overwhelmed. This is where my Type A Spackman kicks in. I make a list in my planer every month of goals for that month and then evaluate at the end of the month before setting the next month's goals. Like instead of lose all my pregnancy weight I'll say I want to lose 4 pounds that month. Then it feels more realistic for me (you can tell that is really my Jan goal!) As for being to church on time-or anywhere on time for that matter-I've always found it challenging personally but I find that if I can prepare as much as possible the night before rather than the morning of it's easier to be on time. It works for me USUALLY. LOL. And for me it's always 10 minutes that makes the difference so if I have to be somewhere by a certain time I'll add 10 minutes onto the out the door time to give the extra poopy diaper/little boy not cooperating leeway..

    ReplyDelete