Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's been a L O O O N G day!

I read somewhere awhile ago that babies typically have growth spurts at 3 weeks, 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months. And that during growth spurts, all normalcy is out the window.

So last week, Gabriella hit her quarter-birthday (3 months) and today... ALL she did was eat. and eat. and eat some more. The only time she slept was if she fell asleep on the boob. But if we put her down in her bed, less than 20 mins she would be up again. And hungry. And angry if we tried to give her a pacifier instead.

In fact, between 1 and 3:30, all she would do is eat. 2 1/2 hours. That's insane, right?

So yeah. 10:00 she was up for the day, ate... ate again at 1... for the 2 1/2 hours... and then again at 5:30, and again at 6:30, and more at 7:30... after that is just a blur now. But it's midnight and we just finally got her to go to sleep. And stay asleep. for longer than 20 minutes. She was awake for almost 14 hours straight. And if there was not a milk-producing object in her mouth, there were tears. And not just from the baby.

Is this 'normal' for a growth spurt?!?

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand what you are going through. It was normal for each and every one of my kids to do that exact thing. I wish I had done more reading with Ben and Josh because I had people telling me I must be doing something wrong if they were eating that often. By the time Sam came along I was use to feeding schedule and developed some techniques to survive it. I don't know if you will be as lucky as I was tho because when the boys all went through the growth spurts and fed all day like that they slept 6 hours straight. It only got hard when Sams sleeping and Ben and Josh's were not at the same time...I miss the days of sleep.

    ReplyDelete