Monday, February 9, 2009

Videos

Yay for videos :) We managed to catch her biggest laugh yet - it is at 1:25 - you may as well skip the rest of it, it's not very exciting :)

Gabby is teething. I know. She's not even 4 months old. And she can't just pop a bottom center tooth, like a normal kid. It's a bottom right canine, or possibly farther back. But it's by the corner of her mouth! Crazy girl. I figure she's decided to grow teeth from right to left :) Also, she's sick. I don't know if it is BECAUSE of the teething, or IN ADDITION to the teething... but the poor kid has a cough and a runny nose (clear, for those of you who are interested :)) and she woke up several times last night. Which makes mommy tired.

She's also started using her Jolly Jumper. It's still weird to her - sometimes she just stands there and looks around. It is SO unsettling to walk into the room to see her just standing there. All by herself. But other times she bounces a little bit. It makes her giggle a little, too :)

Gabby has become chatty. Paul and I used to joke around that if we ever had to adopt, and we ended up with a beautiful little black girl, that we should name her Loquacious. Because I think it sounds like a really cool Afro-Amer name :) (I'm not being racist. Anybody who knows me knows I wish I were black - black is beautiful! Plus, they can SING!) Anyway: (lo⋅qua⋅cious  [loh-kwey-shuhs] adjective: 1. talking or tending to talk much or freely; talkative; chattering; babbling; garrulous: a loquacious dinner guest. 2. characterized by excessive talk; wordy. So this is a long-time-ago joke that we had... and we were bathing her awhile ago, and Paul pointed out that, in a way, we DID name her Loquacious. Gabby. Same thing. :D Silly us.

For the last little while, Gabby has stopped eating in order to divulge her deepest and most sacred secrets. It is too freakin' adorable.

There isn't much else going on in my life right now, it seems. Lots of Resident Managing (I cannot WAIT to get into a house of our own. Seriously.) I've discovered digital scrapbooking, which means I get to clean out my stash of papercrafting stuff. I'm diligently going through and using as much as I can to make a lifetime supply of cards. And then I'm getting rid of it all ("babyproofing") Oh, and we've been watching lots of Angel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment