Is she a heartbreaker or WHAT?!? :) We did nothing on Easter. Really, very much, Nothing. :) BUT, I told Paul that if we accomplished nothing else, not even getting dressed, on Easter, I wanted to get Gabby all dolled up and have a little photo shoot. So, the white sheet went onto the couch. The windows were all let wide open for some real light. And we cleaned up our little monkey (she cleans up real nice!) and put on the bubbles so she'd stay distracted... and look what we got!
I was so excited, I designed this 20x20 canvas print to go on Gabby's bedroom wall, I can't wait to get it and hang it up :) More pictures to follow, I'm sure!
Anyway, the real purpose of my blogging - to remember things later! Gabby has been rapidly learning words and saying words and doing things that... are just too darn cute, and we've been WAITING for them! BUT, she does them for like, a day. And then the next day she's moved on to something else. So, this is what she's done lately:
Gabby said "ball". I'm pretty sure this was her first non-person-noun. Before that, she's said "hi" and "uh-oh" and "Mom" and "Dad" and possibly "Gwamma" :) (I haven't heard it, but Paul and his mom have)
Then a few days after "ball" came "shoe", which was just really cute, because she'd go and get her shoes for you to put on. Or your shoes. But today, I realized that she stopped doing that, too. She's also been loving the word "baby" (yay!) and it seems like she's trying to imitate a lot more. like "apple". And she jabbers a lot. Our favorite jabber-combo is "got-a-got-a-got-a-got-a" - it's accompanied by a tuck of the chin and a very serious little girl-face. Very funny. :)
Today, there weren't any new words that we noticed, but she's started pointing to her own nose when you ask her where it is. Before that, she would stick out her tongue when you asked her where her tongue was (that was months ago) but then the tongue thing disappeared, and today the nose thing appeared, and then she started showing us her tongue again. She also showed Paul where her belly button was when he asked her (I missed this one! :( ) and definitely was getting the words "toes", "hair", and "head". Maybe, sort of. :)
She's also become the queen of ONLY napping if she's been taken out in the morning. If it's a slow morning, she refuses to nap, and then becomes really cranky for the rest of the afternoon. We're learning. :)
And along with the cranky have come the tantrums. Maybe she's just precocious and has hit the "terrible twos" 7 months early... but oh my goodness. If she's doing something she shouldn't (even if she KNOWS she shouldn't) and you tell her "no" or pick her up while she's in the middle of something, out comes the tantrum! As in: full-out, drop to the floor (and hit her head) and arch her back and scream, and even roll around kicking and hitting if she can, if you give her the audience. So far it seems the best solution has been to just walk away, because then she stops and gets distracted by something else. If anybody else has any better solutions, please please tell us :)
Good thing she's so cute!
She is a heartbreaker! Beautiful little girl. I'm so impressed that you got those pics totally on your own. You did great! As far as the tantrum thing goes... I'm with you, don't give her an audience! best of luck with the tantrums :/
ReplyDelete