Friday, April 16, 2010

pulling out my hair!!!

so... our adorable, happy, easy-to-love little girl? yeah. I dont' know where she went.

Suddenly, we've got this TANTRUM THROWING MONSTER with the occasional bout of Happy, which is why we've still kept her. But Oh. My. Heck. it's frustrating. And she fights naps. At this very moment, she is making monster noises in her crib. Monster/Wet-Cat/Cage-Rattling Noises.

It's frustrating, because I feel like it's the needle breaking this camel's back. I am DONE with resident managing. I am DONE with dealing with other people's noise sensitivities and smell sensitivities and oh yeah, dealing with them at 11:00 at night. I am DONE with having complete strangers (with hygiene problems) coming to my door and thinking that just because I work from home, that it's okay to try and make friends with my child and invite themselves in. I am DONE with trying to lease units that are overpriced in a neighborhood that lots of people turn their noses up at. I am DONE with waiting around for people who schedule viewings, and who are really excited to come and see a place, only to have them not show up and not call... I guess I should also be done complaining, because even though this job is a pain, it has gotten us through the last almost-2 years. And probably I'm just really grouchy right now because I'm pregnant, and once again, there is no water in the building for the next 2 hours because the renovation crew is here.

Which means: we're looking to move. Unfortunately, we're probably not able to move until July, June at the very earliest. I wish we could move tomorrow. I would like to call up my boss, say "find somebody else and good luck" and just... leave. But yeah. Not having moved for almost 5 years, compared to about once EVERY year for my entire life... I've forgotten how much work moving is. Least of all is finding a new place. And it's harder with kids. And more expensive.

I want a good dishwasher. And a washer/dryer right in our home, so we don't have to haul laundry every week to Gwamma's. (nothing against Gwamma/Gwampa, and everything against the stairs) I want a place where we don't have to do multiple trips up 3 flights of stairs with groceries, and soon with another baby in a carseat. Because... what a pain! I want a window in my kitchen. We've never had a window in our kitchen.

I want a lot of things... but right now, most of all, I want Gabby to go to SLEEP... do I sound like I'm going insane? or do I just feel it? :)

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya, sister! Why are some adults incapable of playing nice?

    While we're listing things we'd like, I dream of a place with a yard, where I can just send the kids out to play. "Go play! Come back for dinner." I'd like a window in my bathroom and washer/dryer hookups.

    I'd like a car whose trunk actually opens, that isn't leaking steering fluid continuously, that we could all ride in comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it's a really good thing I didn't start a blog until AFTER I quit that job. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hun, you have been more than your fair share of patient with everything. I think you are permitted to have a mini breakdown. Cry it out and then find something to smile about! I'll be in Calgary in less than a couple months, if you are still moving I'll be there for ya, I hate moving only the two of us... I hear ya big time! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Julie, I am so sorry you are having to deal with this while your pregnant. It's hard enough when your not. Moving with little kids is a chore, but with a little help from family I am sure it will not as bad as you think. The worst move I ever did with the kids was when Mike moved out of Alberta to BC without me and I moved out a month later with 3 little ones in tow and Sam was only 3 months at the time. I had not slept for those 3 months. By the last week I had given up on packing anything and most of our stuff went to the Salvation Army. If we are out that way when you are moving I will help out anyway I can. Hope things get better soon with those silly adults you have to deal with. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really sucks. I know what that's like. I resident managed once too and it's really frustrating when people ring you or show up at your door at 11pm. I hope you guys can find something soon. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete