Friday, August 27, 2010

Sweet Gabby, and Still Waiting

Still no baby. Today was a looooong day. Because yesterday was my due date. And so for the rest of the week (and next week, actually) I have NOTHING planned. Because I was anticipating spending some time in the hospital, and then coming home and spending some time in a daze, between nursing and sleeping and generally trying to get along with a newborn.

Today I was apparently extra sensitive. I burst into tears for no good reason, and continued sobbing for a good ten minutes. Gabby was really concerned. I don't think she's ever seen my cry before. If I hadn't been sobbing, I probably would've burst out laughing at the adorable expression on her face. She was a total sweetheart - she sat on my lap and hugged me and patted me on the back for a good little while. Paul was in there, too. It was nice. Made the cry worth it.

Hospital bags are completely ready to go. I've been downing raspberry leaf tea like there's no tomorrow. Hopefully soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I remember the day all of my babies dues dates came and went. I cried all day those days too.. even more so on Claudia's due date. I wish, hope, pray that this little one comes soon for you because the 2 weeks I went over with 4 of mine were the worst ever of the pregnancies. Oh and DON'T try the caster oil trick SOOOO not worth the pain and it didn't work. Lots of walking and if you know of an acupunture place it works wonders!

    ReplyDelete