Monday, March 23, 2009

25 Years Old and 5 Months Old!

A little back-blogging :)
First, my birthday was last Wednesday. I am now a quarter-century old. Crazy.
We were all sick here, so it was a pretty quiet day, but Paul DID go out and get me roses, even tho he felt just as icky as I did... and he even baked me a cake, and his parents brought over Korean take-out. We also hit the LDS bookstore, but instead of buying anything for myself, we came away with children's books on sale for Gabby. Figures :)
Gabby turned 5 months old on Saturday!
At 5 months, Gabriella Claire:
~weighs 15lbs 13oz
~ is 25 1/2" tall (long? tall?)
~is finally able to stay with somebody other than Mommy for a few hours at a time - here is a picture of her first night with just Daddy while I went away for less than an hour. She cried herself to sleep and got upset whenever he tried to dislodge her face from his shoulder. She's better now :)

~ has decided that she no longer enjoys sucking on a binkie, and absolutely will no longer take a bottle.
~has had her first haircut. Just a trim, by Mommy.


~ has worn her first pair of jeans (Thanks, Gwamma!)
~ is almost able to roll over on purpose (from either the front or the back)
~ will play on her tummy on the floor for a long time before she gets bored
~ has developed a huge interest in toys and reaching for things...

~ and putting things into her mouth. I gave her a plastic donut (the top of a stack of rings) and it ended up on her chin, and she kept trying to chew it. See her upper lip on one side, and her tongue peeking out on the other side? :D

~ loves her Jolly Jumper
~ loves to laugh and smile


~ loves to suck on her fingers or her knuckles
~ still has blue eyes

~ and curly, light brown hair


~ has decided that she doesn't like naps, and will only fall asleep during the day by being SWUNG in her carseat (not in a swing. but by walking around, and swinging her wide. If you stop, she'll yell.)
~ has found her toes (still a newly developing interest, not an obsession yet!)


~ has attended her first Arbonne spa party (thanks, Sarah!) and got all dressed up for it


~ she pulled the bow into her mouth. Rather than help her, I ran for my camera - see, I'm learning! :)



~ makes this hilarious "old granny" face by sucking on her bottom lip. I love this face :)


3 comments:

  1. she's getting so big! She's so pretty!! It's funny because we have a lot of those same outfits for Brianne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kim!

    for my own records (i always forget something!) Gabby is VERY interested in watching us eat, and reaches for food. we have a booster seat/high chair waiting for next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is ADORABLE!!! so cute!! really cute...did I mention she is cute!? Oh I miss babies...why is Maija becoming a toddler!?

    ReplyDelete